The video below does a nice job of re-visiting the popular narrative about the West Bank being “occupied territory.” Among the points made are these:
- The 1967 borders were armistice borders recognized as having no political significance at the time. There were merely where the opposing camps were when the cease fire went into effect.
- The last Muslims to exercise sovereignty over the West Banks weren’t Arabs at all. They were Turks. Turkey ceded control of the West Bank to Britain after being defeated by the allied forces in WWI.
- The people now called the “Palestinians” were never a sovereign people. Prior to 1947 they were Jordanians. They immigrated into the area around this time in a move by Arabs to destroy the young state of Israel.
The video goes into more detail; check it out.
Originally posted elsewhere on 3/17/2011
Here are some things Obama muses over in his dreams:
Continue reading “Remember when Hillary was talking about that 3 A.M. call?”
Originally posted by me elsewhere on 4/25/2011
- Obama has not filled 12 of 69 inspector general positions to thwart oversight.
- His administration is launching a criminal investigation into energy companies without any evidence of wrong-doing while Obama himself is on record announcing that the energy policies that he will adopt will cause energy prices to skyrocket.
- By executive fiat anyone seeking a contract with the federal government has to reveal which candidates they are supporting through donations — a move whose only purpose is intimidation (more on that here).
- Now that 3 of the 5 seats of the National Labor Relations Board have been filled by Obama (2 are union guys appointed during a congressional recess), the federal government is telling private enterprise where they can locate or whether they can move (as in the Boeing case).
Adapted from an article I originally posted elsewhere on 2/7/2011
In this article Brad Johnson of Think Progress attempts to mock and belittle Krauthammer’s statement that:
In science, you can actually deny or falsify a proposition with evidence. You find me a single piece of evidence that Al Gore would ever admit would contradict global warming and I’ll be surprised.
Krauthammer is referring to an essential property of scientific method. Here’s a chart published by a professor at University of Winnipeg which briefly summarizes how scientific method works.
Continue reading ““Think Progress” can’t “Think Science””
Originally posted by me elsewhere on 01/28/2011
Perhaps you saw the episode of the TV show, Angel, in which Lindsey explains that he has “evil hand issues”. It turns out that there are real people who suffer from something resembling Lindsey’s issues called “alien hand syndrome.” Wow. To read more about the real syndrome, check out this BBC article. The poor woman in the article had undergone surgery which sliced through the corpus collosum that normally connects the two hemispheres of the brain. As a result, one hemisphere was unable to exert any control or influence on the other. She ended up having two consciousnesses emerge following surgery, and one of them wasn’t so very nice. Fortunately after a long struggle doctors were able to get her on a medical regimen that ameliorated her condition.
On a much lighter note, those of you who have followed the Angel series and want to have a refresher on “evil hand issues” can do so by watching this clip:
In the aftermath of Jared Loughner’s Tucson shooting spree, Democratic spin masters almost immediately began to suggest that violent rhetoric from the right had pushed Loughner into committing the murders. And they did this while willfully contradicting their earlier stance with respect to the Fort Hood shootings of November 5, 2009.
Continue reading ““Use words that heal” is just liberal code-speak for “shut up””
Originally posted elsewhere on 11/12/2010
For more information on “Bretton Woods” which is referenced in the video, check out the Wikipedia article here.